With Christmas just around the corner, finding that perfect gift can be challenging. Fortunately, that’s never a problem if you have a gardener in the house, as there are so many great gifts to get them! Here are a few handy tips on what to give the gardeners in your life this Christmas.
7 tips on what to give the gardeners in your life this Christmas
1. Give the gift that just keeps on giving throughout the whole year with our 2023 Walters T-Shirt program! T-shirt customers receive a discount all year long plus many coupons and deals throughout the entire season. Pick up the perfect gift for the gardener in your life for just $39 +tax!
2. Gloves make great gifts or stocking stuffers! Hard-working gardeners go through so many pairs of gloves that another pair always comes in handy. Heavy gauntlets are great for tackling tough jobs like brambles and rose pruning. Light cotton gloves are helpful in summer and can also be worn under other gloves in winter for extra warmth! Gloves with waterproofing are invaluable in wet weather.
3. New garden tools always come in handy. For gardeners who are just starting out, there are great gift packs available that contain essential tools, such as a hand fork and trowel.
4. Long-handled hand forks and trowels are fantastic gifts for gardeners who don’t want to kneel down, and they’re also useful for giving a bit of extra leverage on jobs that aren’t quite big enough to bother with getting out the garden fork and spade.
5. A kneeling seat is another great gift for gardeners who find kneeling and getting up a bit of a struggle. It can be used as a low seat when weeding or turned over and used as a kneeler with handles that provide support for standing up again.
6. Plant labels are one of those things that gardeners can never have enough of. No more forgetting which seeds are in which pot or exactly which variety of tomato they sowed all those months ago. And you don’t have to stick with basic white plastic labels, either. There’s a fantastic range of designs available in other materials, including wood or clay, that are beautiful as well as useful.
7. Gardening notebooks are invaluable, giving gardeners a place to record all their exciting plans for the garden, as well as what worked and what didn’t during the year.
8. Hand creams and balms are a boon for gardeners’ hands, which take a lot of punishment, especially at this time of year when it’s cold and wet outside. A gift of soothing hand creams helps to keep hands in shape for more gardening!
We have a fantastic range of gifts, decorations, and more in our centre, so make us your first stop for Christmas shopping this year!